Friday 24 October 2014

Notes...

It's been a whole week since I last blogged, and it's not just here I've been absent - for the first time in a long time I haven't made a single project all week. It's been a quiet few days, so I used the time to make plans for products that will be going in my shop. It couldn't come at a better time as I've been running on empty lately and needed to slow down a little. Even though he's nearly two years old, Stanley still isn't a great sleeper. In the last few weeks we've had to cope with an eczema flare-up (something that always affects his sleep) and now another cold. He's started getting into our bed at least once a night, and I can't quite remember the last time he slept through completely. All this means we're functioning on a fractured night's sleep every night, and by my own omission I'm not someone who copes well with tiredness. I know it's only temporary really, but it doesn't make it any easier. It's funny how you get used to walking around in a fog all day, which is manageable for everyday mundane tasks, but sometimes it impairs creativity spectacularly! I've found sitting at my desk and trying to come up with product ideas during a normal 'work' day just doesn't work. Instead, my poor confused brain filters out ideas in the middle of the night or at random points during the day when I'm occupied with housework. But at least those ideas are still coming!
Thankfully I've made some headway with products and I've even been able to design a set of Christmas cards using the remaining Docrafts wood shapes I purchased for a commission. Here they are freshly coloured and glittered - pretty, no? There will be five cards in the set, because who really wants to buy individual Christmas cards?! I'm looking forward to sharing them with you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...