Wednesday 11 June 2014

Simply Cards & Papercraft issue 124

Hello lovelies! I'm back with some more cards tonight. This time they're projects that were featured in the Cardmaker's Challenge in the latest issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft, and the brief was to incorporate feathers into my designs. My first thought was this fab greyscale feather-patterned digital paper from American Crafts. It's so striking and looks amazing teamed with hot pink cardstock.
I also used my Die'sire Embossalicious Clouds embossing folder for the first time - it's quite possibly my favourite at the moment. As well as embossing the hot pink cardstock, I also embossed a scrap piece of patterned paper and cut out two of the clouds to make these embellishments. I was really pleased with the finished effect!
The second card uses an actual Marabu feather as its focal point. I didn't have any hat stamps of the right size, so I opted to hand-cut a hat shape from polka dot patterned paper instead.
I finished it off with a stamped sentiment, a lace trim, pink flowers and a pretty pink pearl. Two very girly cards, which feels like a bit of a departure from the last few commissions I've done lately. I do hope you like them :)

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie and what super gorgeous projects hun you are very talented x thank you also for hoping over to my blog - appreciated hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous girly cards!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...