Tuesday 3 June 2014

Scrapbook Magazine issue 81

Just a quick post today to show you the layout I made for issue 81 of Scrapbook Magazine. It's for the sketch challenge, and for this particular layout I stuck very closely to the original sketch rather than playing around with the structure. I added dimension by dropping red, green, blue and yellow acrylic paint onto a light background paper, something I'd never tried before. I think next time I might use my heat gun to create a more splattered effect. I didn't bother with any readymade embellishments, as the design of the layout and the large photos didn't need it, but I added some DIY touches with hand-drawn paint splats. The 'Messy' letters were made by painting onto scraps of glossy photo paper and punching into circles, before adding black letter stickers. Thickers are great and so, so useful, but there's nothing quite like creating your own co-ordinating titles!
This issue also comes with a beautiful My Mind's Eye paper pack, which I'm sure will be popping up on one of my layouts soon. Make sure you get hold of your copy now! Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...