Tuesday 15 April 2014

Welcome to the world

Ahh. Look at my beautiful little pud as a shiny newborn, less than an hour old when this photo was taken. I can't believe how much he's grown in such a small amount of time. He's the funniest, happiest, most headstrong little dude and he's a credit to me every day. I loved scrapping this photograph and had the design for this layout in my head for ages. I dry-brushed a large white square background onto blue cardstock as the base for this one (yes, I do love this technique), then worked on building up the paper layers. The large photo and the huge sun meant that I wanted to keep the rest of the design fairly simple to help these big striking features stand out. The sun was actually cut from some old American Crafts Amy Tangerine patterned paper (waste not, want not!) and made me think of a sunrise = new beginnings = the birth of my gorgeous little boy. Stanley's birth was not an easy one and for a while I couldn't face the thought of revisiting it, but now he's turning into such a lovely little boy the bad memories of his birth pale into comparison. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...