Wednesday 5 February 2014

Joyful nights!


A little late with my blog post this week! Stanley has had an awful cold and he's teething like crazy. Sleep is somewhat lacking in this household at the moment, which makes this card fitting! I've been playing with my paper punches recently and rediscovered my little star punch to design this card. It uses both a negative punched background and 3D-effect punches stars along with sparkly gems to create a night sky. Then it's finished off with American Crafts Amy Tangerine fabric stickers. I've had these for a while and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them, but they were perfect for this card. The stickers seem to be intended for scrapbooking, and the 'joy' sentiment isn't really a sentiment at all. But I like the way there's room for a tiny stamped sentiment on the white faric cloud, or I can simply leave it as it is and give it to a new parent! If they're anything like us, they'll understand how there's nothing quite like those first cosy, sleepy cuddles in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...