Thursday 30 January 2014

Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic


A few weeks ago I came across some fabulous 6x6" paper packs in TK Maxx. They were only £2.99 each so I had to have them both - one of them was the Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic paper pack by American Crafts, which is what I used to make this card. I also used a scalloped circle punch to create the contrasted background, but really everything else is from the paper pack!
I really love the mix of bright and muted colours in this collection, and whilst designs like this are primarily aimed at the scrapbooking market (this is simply a scaled-down version of the full 12x12" collection), you can use it to create some lovely cards too. Here are just a few of my favourite details. The tree branch would be great for a beautiful card in a hurry.
I used this lovely pink word-patterned paper for my card, which really stands out against the grey dots. The typewriter font is still soooo popular, even though this paper pack was actually released last year, and this particular paper is already proving very versatile.
There are some really cute little details like this 'love' tree stump. I can see this being fussy-cut and attached to a ribbon using a mini peg.
I LOVE this colour. It works so well with dusky pink and soft yellow. It will make a fresh and feminine little New Home card... I've already got a design in mind!
Can you imagine these little clipboards fussy-cut and decorated with gems and flowers, maybe even a little bit of shimmer mist or a paint splatter? Voila, lovely card!
This little detail demonstrates the little inky effects on these papers and embellishments... lush! I will probably manage to rustle up a good 10 or 12 cards using these lovely papers, so I can't help but feel like I've got a bargain! Now, I must be going... off to TK Maxx! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...